Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I turn off smart tags.

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently
--
Katie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the help index, type in smart tag

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Katie" wrote in message
When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping
up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently
--
Katie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsAutocorrect OptionsSmart Tags.

Uncheck the option "label data with smart tags"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:05:02 -0800, Katie
wrote:

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you aren't seeing "smart tags" but error-checking arrows?

ToolsOptionsError Checking. Disable the feature.

Or possibly you are seeing Paste Options or Insert Options buttons.

Disable them under ToolsOptionsEdit.

Gord

wrote:

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear.

Thanks for the update.