-   -   How do I turn off smart tags. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/166011-how-do-i-turn-off-smart-tags.html)

Katie

How do I turn off smart tags.

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently
--
Katie

Don Guillett

How do I turn off smart tags.

In the help index, type in smart tag

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Katie" wrote in message
When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping
up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently
--
Katie

Gord Dibben

How do I turn off smart tags.

ToolsAutocorrect OptionsSmart Tags.

Uncheck the option "label data with smart tags"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:05:02 -0800, Katie
wrote:

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently

Katie

How do I turn off smart tags.

I have done this, yet the smart tags keep appearing.
--
Katie

wrote:

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently

Gord Dibben

How do I turn off smart tags.

Maybe you aren't seeing "smart tags" but error-checking arrows?

ToolsOptionsError Checking. Disable the feature.

Or possibly you are seeing Paste Options or Insert Options buttons.

Disable them under ToolsOptionsEdit.

Gord

wrote:

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently

Katie

How do I turn off smart tags.

Yes, you're so right. Sorted!! Thank you so much
--
Katie

wrote:

When doing anything, particularly in Excel 2003, smart tags keep popping up
and I find them extremely annoying. Is there any way to turn them off
permanently

Gord Dibben

How do I turn off smart tags.

Good to hear.