Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sort problem - help!

I have the following info on an Excell 2003 sheet:

column K column M
10/01/2006 10/21/2006
11/03/2006
11/28/2006
12/01/2006 12/22/2006
12/18/2006 4/8/2007

In other words, some cells have both dates, some only one, some neither. I
only want to return the ones where ONE cell in the row is blank or null.
Thanks so much!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a helper column with =COUNT(K1)+COUNT(M1)
This will give you values 0, 1 and 2; you could sort or use AutoFilter to
get what you need.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Golfinray" wrote in message
I have the following info on an Excell 2003 sheet:

column K column M
10/01/2006 10/21/2006
11/03/2006
11/28/2006
12/01/2006 12/22/2006
12/18/2006 4/8/2007

In other words, some cells have both dates, some only one, some neither. I
only want to return the ones where ONE cell in the row is blank or null.
Thanks so much!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. I am acually an Access man and I've been asked to do this Excell
job so I'm a little confused. A little clarification on how to do the sort
afterwards. Thanks!!!!

"Golfinray" wrote in message
I have the following info on an Excell 2003 sheet:

column K column M
10/01/2006 10/21/2006
11/03/2006
11/28/2006
12/01/2006 12/22/2006
12/18/2006 4/8/2007

In other words, some cells have both dates, some only one, some neither. I
only want to return the ones where ONE cell in the row is blank or null.
Thanks so much!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hopefully you want to sort all of K:M not just K and M (leaving the stuff in
between unsorted)
Select all the K:M data plus the helper column
Use Data | Sort
If you top row has labels, Excel will offer to use them otherwise it will
let you select the sort key based on column letter.
You, of course, will sort on the column with our formula.

Alternatively, Select all the stuff and use Data | Filter | AutoFilter
This will let you select just the rows with an value of the formula

If you can Access, then you can Excel!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP