Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJ RJ is offline

Default How can I insert the symbol for average in an office document?

--
Rj

I waited months to get a computer with Vista. Oops.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rj wrote on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:14:04 -0800:

R --
R Rj

R I waited months to get a computer with Vista. Oops.

Asking a question in the subject line isn't good practice but
what symbol do you actually want? I usually use a bar over the
variable symbol but there are several others.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RJ RJ is offline

Thanks James, that is the symbol I want; a bar over the variable symbol. How
can I insert that symbol?
--
Rj

"James Silverton" wrote:

Rj wrote on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:14:04 -0800:

R --
R Rj

R I waited months to get a computer with Vista. Oops.

Asking a question in the subject line isn't good practice but
what symbol do you actually want? I usually use a bar over the
variable symbol but there are several others.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rj wrote on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:16:04 -0800:

R Thanks James, that is the symbol I want; a bar over the
R variable symbol. How can I insert that symbol?
R --

Try this! It works.

Excel Overline

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:39:00 -0500

From: Debra Dalgleish

In microsoft.public.excel.charting:67270

Before you type the character for which you want the overbar,
change the font to Symbol. To create the bar, type the `
character (accent grave, may be above the Tab key) Then, stay
in Symbol font, or switch to a different font, and type the
character that has the overbar.

Steve wrote:

Is there any way to create an overbar over text in a text box
in an Excel

drawing?

--

Debra Dalgleish

Contextures

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Comments by me.

Be warned, it does not appear to work until you give enter. In
other words, for example, `x will appear in the Formula Bar and
overline xi in the cell until ENTER is pressed.

R "James Silverton" wrote:

?? Rj wrote on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:14:04 -0800:
??
R --
R Rj
??