Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default format and paste problems

Hi,

I'm using excel 2007, have been working on a spreadsheet for several weeks.
The data is columns of numbers one being a time code column. There are 6
sheets in the workbook with approx. 6 columns and 200 rows data, so they are
not huge. All of a sudden I opened the spreadsheet and my time column had
reverted to numbers. I can change that back, but it changes again every time
I save, shutdown and reopen. I also cannot cut and paste data between
spreadsheets or even onto a new spreadsheet. I usually get one column done
then it just pastes blank cells. The numbers are simple, and when I try paste
special it comes up like I'm pasting a picture. I have tried creating a new
file and saving it as 2007 and compatible but it still ends up with the same
issues. Can anyone help??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes I know to do this but what I'm saying is that when I shut the file down
the formatting reverts back to a number when it shouldn't!! I know how to get
it back just want to know why its happening and why the paste function
suddenly stopped working also? Could it be a bug in the new 2007 program?
I've been using the same spreadsheet for weeks and all of a sudden it started
playing up.