Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pls help for formula.

Pls help....
This is what I have in my work sheet.

|column column
row | A B
-----|----------------------------------
1 | 9 13
2 | 9 1
3 | 9 15
4 | 9 16
5 | 10 2
6 | 11 1
7 | 11 2
8 | 12 1
9 | 13 5

This is what I want to after formula.
the formula only replaced rows 6-8( column A-B).

|column column
rows| A B
-----|----------------------------------
1 | 9 13
2 | 9 1
3 | 9 15
4 | 9 16
5 | 10 2
6 | text N101
7 | text N102
8 | text N103
9 | 13 5

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot have a value and a formula in the same cell so I think you need a
third and fourth column in there somewhere to enter formulas.

Then I think you could use VLOOKUP formulas to return your "text" and "N10x" in
the appropriate cells based upon the data in A and B

Where the "text" and "N10x" come from is anybody's guess.

Most likely a table on another sheet?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:27:02 -0800, Johnny
wrote:

Pls help....
This is what I have in my work sheet.

|column column
row | A B
-----|----------------------------------
1 | 9 13
2 | 9 1
3 | 9 15
4 | 9 16
5 | 10 2
6 | 11 1
7 | 11 2
8 | 12 1
9 | 13 5

This is what I want to after formula.
the formula only replaced rows 6-8( column A-B).

|column column
rows| A B
-----|----------------------------------
1 | 9 13