Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format of Header Date

I have a monthly spreadsheet report in which I have to change the date in the
header each month before I publish it. I would like to avoid doing that by
having the header date change automatically. I used the &[Date] feature but
it formats the date 11-11-07.

I want the date formatted like: November 2007

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks...............TomCat
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 11 nov, 00:14, TomCat wrote:
I have a monthly spreadsheet report in which I have to change the date in the
header each month before I publish it. I would like to avoid doing that by
having the header date change automatically. I used the &[Date] feature but
it formats the date 11-11-07.

I want the date formatted like: November 2007

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks...............TomCat

Hi, excuse me my english by the answer is:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Now, "MMM DD, YYYY")

Bye

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are stuck with whatever Regional and Language Options allows you for a short
date format.

MMMM YYYY is not one of them.

Go with the macro provided in the other post.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP