Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I hide rows by using the + sign?

I am transferring data from ACCESS into an Excel Spreadsheet. I have a 20
page report that I need to condense. I have this table sorted by department
code. The problem: I have probably 15 different department codes but they
are listed 150 times or more each. I need to show 1 department code with a +
sign to the side so they can click on that and it will drop down the rest of
the codes by month, etc.

How do I add the + sign option?????? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way to get those outlining symbols to the left is to:
select the range
sort that range by your key column
and do data|subtotals (in xl2003 menus)

But you may find that applying data|filter to that range makes it easier to
hide/show the rows you want hidden and visible.

crazy@work wrote:

I am transferring data from ACCESS into an Excel Spreadsheet. I have a 20
page report that I need to condense. I have this table sorted by department
code. The problem: I have probably 15 different department codes but they
are listed 150 times or more each. I need to show 1 department code with a +
sign to the side so they can click on that and it will drop down the rest of
the codes by month, etc.

How do I add the + sign option?????? HELP!

--

Dave Peterson