Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default navigation

In Lotus, if you pressed crtl home you went to the first cell in the first
spreadsheet. In Excel, I can press page down or up to tab through the
worksheets. Is there a shortcut to go to the beginning or the end of the
group of worksheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Select A1 of the first sheet.
InsertNameDefine, call the cell "aaaa" or "begin" or something short but meaningful to you

Wherever you are in your workbook, you can always press F5 and type "aaaa", ENTER to go to the first cell

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Another way is to record a macro and assign a CTRL+SHIFT key to it.

If you're new to macros, look he

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Pam M" wrote in message ...
| In Lotus, if you pressed crtl home you went to the first cell in the first
| spreadsheet. In Excel, I can press page down or up to tab through the
| worksheets. Is there a shortcut to go to the beginning or the end of the
| group of worksheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No one step shortcut that I'm aware of (but I'm not always aware of
everything).

At the lower left of the Excel window are some navigation buttons, pressing
the left-most of them takes you to the first sheet, then [Ctrl]+[Home] will
take you to first user accessible cell (usually A1, but with Window Freeze
turned on it may be another - upper left in unfrozen portion of the window).

"Pam M" wrote:

In Lotus, if you pressed crtl home you went to the first cell in the first
spreadsheet. In Excel, I can press page down or up to tab through the
worksheets. Is there a shortcut to go to the beginning or the end of the
group of worksheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Great idea--thanks!