Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can a symbol be inserted in front of existing data

I need the "#" inserted in front of existing number when i use the insert it
puts it at the end.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format Cells.. Number Custom "#"General
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click FORMAT in the menu and select CELLS. Click the NUMBER tab and in the
CATEGORY column locate and select CUSTOM. In the TYPE field to the right of
the category column enter one of the following format masks. Be sure to
enclose the # with quotes on both sides.

"#"#

or

"#"#,##0
or

Cl
--
Kevin Backmann

"imsadrian" wrote:

I need the "#" inserted in front of existing number when i use the insert it
puts it at the end.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That worked. Thanks! I was trying that but didnt use the quote marks. Thanks
again.