Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a maximum of the number of worksheets in a workbook?

I want to make worksheets for the entire yr of 2007 in a workbook by doing
it weekly.

How many worksheets are allowed in a workbook or is it indefinate?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Limited by memory. Maximum DEFAULT number in a new worksheet is 256. I've
created workbooks with over 4000 sheets (just to see if I could!)
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"CYNTHIA" wrote:

I want to make worksheets for the entire yr of 2007 in a workbook by doing
it weekly.

How many worksheets are allowed in a workbook or is it indefinate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The maximum number of worksheets in a workbook depends on your computer's
memory. The default workbook can have up to 255 worksheets. Not sure if this
changes for 2007.

Mike

"CYNTHIA" wrote:

I want to make worksheets for the entire yr of 2007 in a workbook by doing
it weekly.

How many worksheets are allowed in a workbook or is it indefinate?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there,

I have a worbook that currently has 145 worksheets in it and a file size of
10,094kb. It will not allow me to add more, nor move worksheets from one
place to another. My IT department has already doubled my memory to 1 GB. I
can still add data to the spreadhseet and save, however I cannot add anymore
worksheets.

Do you have any ideas.?

--
Tickfarmer