sanj

Default sum question

I have 20 tabs in my excel file.I need to check sum of
numbers in cell A14 for all 20 tabs.Instead of going to
each tab and adding A14 cell for each tab , is there any
formula or trick to get total? thanks for the help

Sanj

Tony

What if that does not work? I only have two tabs and typed the formula
exactly how it appears below and it is still not working. Instead it is
saying #NAME?

any help is appreciated.

" wrote:

Thanks Jason works great!!
I have 20 tabs in my excel file.I need to check sum of
numbers in cell A14 for all 20 tabs.Instead of going to
each tab and adding A14 cell for each tab , is there

any
formula or trick to get total? thanks for the help

Sanj
.

.

JulieD

Hi Tony

the formula supplied by Jason assumes that your sheets are called
Sheet1:Sheet20
so you'll need to replace the Sheet1 and Sheet20 with the actual names of
your sheets - note, if you have spaces in your sheet names you'll need to do
it like this:

=SUM('my first sheet:my second sheet'!A14)

note the apostraphe ' before the start of the first sheet name and at the
end of the second sheet name

also it's not easy to see but theres a colon : between the sheet names

Cheers
JulieD

"Tony" wrote in message
What if that does not work? I only have two tabs and typed the formula
exactly how it appears below and it is still not working. Instead it is
saying #NAME?

any help is appreciated.

" wrote:

Thanks Jason works great!!
I have 20 tabs in my excel file.I need to check sum of
numbers in cell A14 for all 20 tabs.Instead of going to
each tab and adding A14 cell for each tab , is there

any
formula or trick to get total? thanks for the help

Sanj
.

.

Tony

Julie,
Thanks. Here is how I wrote it: =sum('sheet1:sheet2'!E11)

Now it is saying #REF!

I really appreciate the help.

"Tony" wrote in message
What if that does not work? I only have two tabs and typed the formula
exactly how it appears below and it is still not working. Instead it is
saying #NAME?

any help is appreciated.

" wrote:

Thanks Jason works great!!
I have 20 tabs in my excel file.I need to check sum of
numbers in cell A14 for all 20 tabs.Instead of going to
each tab and adding A14 cell for each tab , is there
any
formula or trick to get total? thanks for the help

Sanj
.

.

Tony

I got my answer. I feel really stupid here. But my tabs actually had names
as opposed to "sheet" once I filled the names in on the formula it worked.
Thanks for your help.