Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlight percentages

I am working with a spreadsheet that is based on percetnages. Is there a way
that I can select the entire page (or just certain rows and columns) and have
excel somehow highlight or color the cells that are above a certain
percentage??
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Use conditional formatting.

Select a row, column or range to apply the conditional format.

Use the following formula example for the conditional formatting:-

=B2.75

(You use .75 because that is the real value of 75%.)

When you select a range of cells, then the first cell of the selected range
is white while all the others are shaded. (If you select a range then hold
the Ctrl key while selecting additional ranges, then it is the first cell of
the last range selected). This is the €śactive cell€ť and you apply the formula
only for that cell. Excel applies the correct formula to the rest of the
cells in the selection.

If you need more help for conditional formatting then get back to me but you
need to tell me what version of Excel you are using.

Regards,

OssieMac

"jpmurray22" wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet that is based on percetnages. Is there a way
that I can select the entire page (or just certain rows and columns) and have
excel somehow highlight or color the cells that are above a certain
percentage??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[Sigh, Google Groups is having another "bad hair" day. I'm reposting to MS
Newgroups.]

On Nov 6, 2:30 pm, jpmurray22 wrote:
I am working with a spreadsheet that is based on percetnages. Is there a way
that I can select the entire page (or just certain rows and columns) and have
excel somehow highlight or color the cells that are above a certain
percentage??

I wonder if Conditional Formatting solves your problem. Select one or more
cells, click on Format = Conditional Formatting, select "greater than" in
the middle pull- down menu, fill in 50% (e.g.) in the right-most field, click
on Format = Patterns, and select your favorite color.

HTH.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells as described, go into FormatConditional Formatting, change
Condition 1 to formula Is, add the formula, click Format, select patterns
tab, and choose a colour.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"jpmurray22" wrote in message
I am using excel 2002

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi,

Use conditional formatting.

Select a row, column or range to apply the conditional format.

Use the following formula example for the conditional formatting:-

=B2.75

(You use .75 because that is the real value of 75%.)

When you select a range of cells, then the first cell of the selected
range
is white while all the others are shaded. (If you select a range then
hold
the Ctrl key while selecting additional ranges, then it is the first cell
of
the last range selected). This is the "active cell" and you apply the

"jpmurray22" wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet that is based on percetnages. Is there
a way
that I can select the entire page (or just certain rows and columns)
and have
excel somehow highlight or color the cells that are above a certain
percentage??
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Nov 6, 2:30 pm, jpmurray22
wrote:
I am working with a spreadsheet that is based on percetnages. Is there a way
that I can select the entire page (or just certain rows and columns) and have
excel somehow highlight or color the cells that are above a certain
percentage??

I wonder if Condition Formatting solves your problem. Select one or
more cells, click on Format = Conditional Formatting, select "greater
than" in the middle pull- down menu, fill in 50% in the right-most