Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select Large Number of Rows

What is the method of highlighting say from row 5 to row 30,000, and columns
1 - 5 where there is data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Press F5 and in the box under reference enter A1:E30000 or if there is data
in every row select cell A1 and hold down Ctrl+Shift and press the down arrow
key and then the right arrow key and all continuous data will be slelected.

"Mike H." wrote:

What is the method of highlighting say from row 5 to row 30,000, and columns
1 - 5 where there is data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps these techniques will be helpful:

Ctrl+* (on the numeric keypad)........selects the current region, around the
active cell, that is bordered by blank cells.

Each time you press Ctrl+. (that's the period key).......the active cell
of the selected range switches to one of the corners of the selection, in a
clockwise direction.

Shift+ (and arrow key).......changes the size of the selected range by
adjusting the postion of the cell diagonally across from the active cell.

Experiment with a test range.

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Mike H." wrote in message
What is the method of highlighting say from row 5 to row 30,000, and
columns
1 - 5 where there is data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps these techniques will be helpful:

Ctrl+* (on the numeric keypad)........selects the current region, around
the active cell, that is bordered by blank cells.

I just wanted to point out for those touch typists out there who prefer to
keep their hands on the main part of the keyboard, there is nothing magical
about the asterisk on the number pad... you can also use Ctrl+Shift+8 (that
is, Ctrl plus the asterisk on the main keyboard's number 8 key) to
accomplish this.

Something else the OP might want to play around with is
Ctrl+Shift+<ArrowKeys which extend the current selection, on first press,
to the end of the data in the arrow's direction, on second press, to the
first piece of data in the next data group in that arrow's direction, on
third press, to the end of data on that next grouping of data in the arrow's
direction and so on until there is no more data, in which case it extends
the selection to the beginning or end of the grid (depending on the arrow
key's direction).

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[...]

Oh, and I forgot one other potentially useful selection method...
Ctrl+Shift+Home which will extend the current selection to the last data row
and last data column, skipping over any internal blank rows and columns in
the process.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:28:54 -0500 from Ron Coderre
:
Ctrl+* (on the numeric keypad)........selects the current region, around the
active cell, that is bordered by blank cells.

What a cool shortcut! I had never heard of that one. Thanks!

http://OakRoadSystems.com/