Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DRA DRA is offline

Default EXCEL Stability Revisited

I wrote:
It seems that EXCEL fails about every 15-29 minutes? Is this common? I'm
running Office 2007 on Vista Home.

More info per dwl:
I just tried to save a workbook and I get a message that says "Microsoft has
stopped working." It tries to recover my data and restarts Excel. I usually
have the VBA window open.

Help!

--
Thanks,
Don
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That does not sound like a legitimate MS error message.
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DRA" wrote in message
I wrote:
It seems that EXCEL fails about every 15-29 minutes? Is this common? I'm
running Office 2007 on Vista Home.

More info per dwl:
I just tried to save a workbook and I get a message that says "Microsoft
has
stopped working." It tries to recover my data and restarts Excel. I
usually
have the VBA window open.

Help!

--
Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DRA DRA is offline

I miss typed":
"Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working."
Then:
"Microsoft Office Excel is trying to recover your data."
Then it restarts with some data recovered.
--
Thanks,
Don

"DRA" wrote in message
I wrote:
It seems that EXCEL fails about every 15-29 minutes? Is this common? I'm
running Office 2007 on Vista Home.

More info per dwl:
I just tried to save a workbook and I get a message that says "Microsoft
has
stopped working." It tries to recover my data and restarts Excel. I
usually
have the VBA window open.

Help!

--
Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 is not as stable as earlier versions, but it doesn't fail for me
every 15-29 minutes, unless I happen to be using the same file again and
again. This indicates to me that there's some corruption in the workbook, so
I then try to rebuild it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"DRA" wrote in message
I wrote:
It seems that EXCEL fails about every 15-29 minutes? Is this common?
I'm
running Office 2007 on Vista Home.

More info per dwl:
I just tried to save a workbook and I get a message that says
"Microsoft
has
stopped working." It tries to recover my data and restarts Excel. I
usually
have the VBA window open.

Help!

--
Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DRA DRA is offline

I tried to "re-build" then workbook by:
- Copying cells (not the sheets)
- Copying the macros by drag and dropping the module in the projects window
- Copying the userforms the same as macros.

I still had a failure when saving it.

Did I do the re-build wrong?
--
Thanks,
Don

"DRA" wrote in message
I wrote:
It seems that EXCEL fails about every 15-29 minutes? Is this common?
I'm
running Office 2007 on Vista Home.

More info per dwl:
I just tried to save a workbook and I get a message that says
"Microsoft
has
stopped working." It tries to recover my data and restarts Excel. I
usually
have the VBA window open.

Help!

--
Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perform these operations sequentially, with a save in between. I there any
one component which prevents the save? What if you perform the steps in a
different order?

- Jon
-------