Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Ken is offline

Default Improving Excel Stability

I have sets of data in both Columns A & B. Column C is Column B divided by
Column A. ie... C1=B1/A1. In some cases the data in Column A are equal to
zero. What formula do I use to have C=B/A except when the answer would result
in " #DIV/0! " in which case I would like the cells to be clean as in " ". I
assume this makes the worksheet more stable, correct?

--
Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1=0," ",B1/A1)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

"Ken" wrote:

I have sets of data in both Columns A & B. Column C is Column B divided by
Column A. ie... C1=B1/A1. In some cases the data in Column A are equal to
zero. What formula do I use to have C=B/A except when the answer would result
in " #DIV/0! " in which case I would like the cells to be clean as in " ". I
assume this makes the worksheet more stable, correct?

--
Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ken

=IF(A1=0,"",B1/A1)

Note the double quotes with no space between.

You don't want a space, just a blank-looking cell.

The space would most likely give you problems in downstream calculations or when
sorting, filtering and other functions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP