Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text Box Outline

I'm using Excel 2003, and have created a drawing with text boxes. I want only
the text to appear, not the outline of the boxes. How do I eliminate the
outline? I've gone to "Data" and clicked on "Group and Outline", but the
option to "Clear Outline" is shaded and not available. Help, please and
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"tomsrancho" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003, and have created a drawing with text boxes. I want only
the text to appear, not the outline of the boxes. How do I eliminate the
outline? I've gone to "Data" and clicked on "Group and Outline", but the
option to "Clear Outline" is shaded and not available. Help, please and
thanks.

Thanks, Joel. When I hover over the icon at the bottom of the screen, I see
"Text Box", it's immediately left of the "Insert WordArt" icon. I'm quite
sure it's a text box...am I stuck with the outline?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try adding a new text box and see if the new box has an outline. If it
doesn't then you didn't put a text box on the worksheet. I havve from left
to right rectangle , oval, text box, word art.

"tomsrancho" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003, and have created a drawing with text boxes. I want only
the text to appear, not the outline of the boxes. How do I eliminate the
outline? I've gone to "Data" and clicked on "Group and Outline", but the
option to "Clear Outline" is shaded and not available. Help, please and
thanks.

Thanks, Joel. When I hover over the icon at the bottom of the screen, I see
"Text Box", it's immediately left of the "Insert WordArt" icon. I'm quite
sure it's a text box...am I stuck with the outline?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tomsrancho wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003, and have created a drawing with text boxes. I want only
the text to appear, not the outline of the boxes. How do I eliminate the
outline? I've gone to "Data" and clicked on "Group and Outline", but the
option to "Clear Outline" is shaded and not available. Help, please and
thanks.

Thank You! That worked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tomsrancho wrote:

I'm using Excel 2003, and have created a drawing with text boxes. I want only
the text to appear, not the outline of the boxes. How do I eliminate the
outline? I've gone to "Data" and clicked on "Group and Outline", but the
option to "Clear Outline" is shaded and not available. Help, please and
thanks.

Thank You! That worked.

You're most welcome!