Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Column Widths

I have two separate worksheets in two separate workbooks and I am trying to
format them in the same manner. Both worksheets have similar properties,
fonts, print areas and other pertinent page setup details. Yet one worksheet
prints to one page and the other prints to three. The only difference that I
can find shows when I click and drag the column width, the number of pixels
for the same sized column are different between the two workbooks. WHY?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure why you would have that problem. Are you manually changing
column widths to match each sheet? Have you tried copying the widths from
one sheet and then 'paste special' .... column widths to the 2nd sheet.

"Patty H CPA" wrote:

I have two separate worksheets in two separate workbooks and I am trying to
format them in the same manner. Both worksheets have similar properties,
fonts, print areas and other pertinent page setup details. Yet one worksheet
prints to one page and the other prints to three. The only difference that I
can find shows when I click and drag the column width, the number of pixels
for the same sized column are different between the two workbooks. WHY?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes I was manually changing the column widths. I have now tried copying the
column widths and it copies them so they fit to one page wide, however to
look at the width it is not the same as in the original worksheet. The
problem I forsee is if I write up my "Formatting Standards" on how this
document should look and one of my employees runs into this situation again,
they may not know where to go to copy column widths from.