Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add cells based on critera

I need the formula for adding up (the dollar amount) in a separate cell that
contained two criterias from a previous formual...1 had one cell that
contained the word "internet" and 1 cell had a dollar amount figure in it.
example
=SUMPRODUCT((F2:F86="Internet")*(ISNUMBER(M2:M86)) )
in a separate cell I need the total dollar amount containing those formuals.
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try either of these:

=SUMPRODUCT((F2:F86="Internet")*M2:M86)

OR, if you might have text in Column M, try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F86="Internet"),M2:M86)

--
HTH,

RD

"Needs help" wrote in message
I need the formula for adding up (the dollar amount) in a separate cell
that
contained two criterias from a previous formual...1 had one cell that
contained the word "internet" and 1 cell had a dollar amount figure in it.
example
=SUMPRODUCT((F2:F86="Internet")*(ISNUMBER(M2:M86)) )
in a separate cell I need the total dollar amount containing those
formuals.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT(--(F2:F86="Internet"),--(ISNUMBER(M2:M86)), Q2:Q86)
change Q to suit your need.
For more on SUMPRODUCT
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.htm
best wishes