Clare

Default How do I sum with two critera?

How do I create a formula to SUM but SUM IF against two seperate criteria.
Biff

Hi!

Need details! Be specific!

Details, people! Details! <g

Biff

"Clare" wrote in message
How do I create a formula to SUM but SUM IF against two seperate criteria.

Rowan

One way is to use the sumproduct formula:

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....T.html#explain

How do I create a formula to SUM but SUM IF against two seperate criteria.

keen learner

Hi, this is also one answer that I am waiting for with baited breath, because
I am fond of the sumif function, which only has one criteria, somehow there
must be a way to adapt this function to accept two criteria, come on guys

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Need details! Be specific!

Details, people! Details! <g

Biff

"Clare" wrote in message
How do I create a formula to SUM but SUM IF against two seperate criteria.

dominicb

Good afternoon guys

OK, this is how it's done

A B C
Product 1 Manchester 10
Product 1 London 15
Product 2 Manchester 12
Product 1 London 20
Product 1 London 25
Product 2 London 11
Product 1 Manchester 8
Product 2 Manchester 6
Product 1 Manchester 5
Product 1 Manchester 4

This formula will add up all the occasions where column A=product 1 and
column B = Manchester.

=SUM(IF($A$2:$A$11="Product
1",IF$B$2:$B$11="Manchester",$C$2:$C$11,0),0))

Just remember it's an array formula so to commit it use ctrl + alt +
enter.

HTH

DominicB

--