Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default enter 2 formulas into 1 cell (NEW QUESTION)

Now in a separate cell I need to add those dollar amounts that were the
outcome of my previous formula...
example...I need to know the total dollar amount of the cells that had an
amount that contained the work "internet"...sorry if confusing didn't know
the exact way to word it..... thanks!

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="internet"),--(B1:B1000="something else"))

In article ,
Needs help wrote:

I need to enter 2 formuals in one cell and I do not know what the formula
should be. Example....I need to count the number of cells that contain the
word "internet" but only if in another cell it has an amount in it. Any
ideas? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Posted this reply in your earlier thread:
----------------- -----------------
"Needs help" wrote:
.. need to add up the totals of the amounts in the cells
only that only contained the word "internet" ..Thanks!

Assuming B1:B20 contain the amounts to be summed,
with A1:A20 housing text such as "internet"

If you're still talking multi-conditions, then use eg:
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20="Internet")*(B1:B20=100),B1:B 20)
which will sum only the amounts =100 in col B
where col A contains: internet

If it's only for a single condition, use SUMIF, eg:
=SUMIF(A1:A20,"internet",B1:B20)

Think SUMIF will suffice for you here
--
Max