Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formulas

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For example, we want a cell to have either the value in B1 or C1 depending
upon A1:

=IF(AA1=1,B1,C1)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could you give me some pointers on how to do this?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

yes
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No problem. Just tell us what you are trying to accomplish.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, thanks I really appreciate it. (these are just example amounts) I need to
be able to type in a procedure code and the correct amount pop up. Is there a
way to do that?
Procedure Code Amounts
PSG 100.00
PSG CPAP 200.00
MSLT 300.00
MWT 400.00

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about you give us some examples of what you want to do?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:18:02 -0700, happy
wrote:

Could you give me some pointers on how to do this?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

yes
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007

"happy" wrote:

Is there anyway to set up one cell for different variables?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is called a table lookup. Let's put the table in H1 thru I5:

Procedure Code Amounts
PSG 100
PSG CPAP 200
MSLT 300