Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date linkage

Hi everybody. thanks in advance for helping me. I a workbook with 2 sheets.
the first sheets I need to key the figure of report, and the second sheet is
showing when the report submitted. Let say if I want to key in the figure in
report and automatically the date is pop-up on the second sheet, it is
possible to do it? If yes,how?
thanks again
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use VLOOKUP for this, or an INDEX/MATCH combination - both
described in Excel Help.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 31, 8:34 am, Syahira wrote:
Hi everybody. thanks in advance for helping me. I a workbook with 2 sheets.
the first sheets I need to key the figure of report, and the second sheet is
showing when the report submitted. Let say if I want to key in the figure in
report and automatically the date is pop-up on the second sheet, it is
possible to do it? If yes,how?
thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use event code.

On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A1:A10"), Target) Is Nothing Then
n = Target.Row
If Me.Range("A" & n).Value < "" Then
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("B" & n).Value = Now
enditall:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

When you type something in Sheet1 A1:A10 the date/time will be entered into
Sheet2 column B

Right-click on the Sheet1 tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste into that sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP