Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Access denied

When I try to delete, save, or change name with an Excel doc, I get this
message:

"Cannot delete '<file name': Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
currently in use."

The document is not "read only" when I click on properties for the document.
How do I delete?
Thanks
--
richn13

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is the main computer of a 2 computer network, and there are two users on
this computer. This has never happened with one user, but sometimes with the
other user. Any ideas on how to correct?
Thanks.
--
richn13

"richn" wrote:

When I try to delete, save, or change name with an Excel doc, I get this
message:

"Cannot delete '<file name': Access is denied.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
currently in use."

The document is not "read only" when I click on properties for the document.
How do I delete?
Thanks
--
richn13

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make the workbook a shared workbook.

Click TOOLS on the menu and select SHARE WORKBOOK and click the ALLOW
CHANGES BY MORE THEN ONE USER... check box.

To set history, updates and conflict resolution setting, click the ADVANCED
tab of the dialog box

When done click the OK command button as resave the file.
--
Kevin Backmann