Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING

I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please don't SHOUT.

You can apply a filter to the column which contains the words Subtotal
and Grand Total, and on the filter pull-down select Custom | Contains
| Total to see just the total rows, or Custom | Contains | Grand to
see just the Grand total row - same effect as the 1, 2, 3 choices.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 11:44 am, Seebu wrote:
I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003, you can toggle those outlining symbols:
Tools|Options|View Tab|check or uncheck Outline Symbols.

If you're using xl2007, I bet it's somewhere under the Office Button.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But Data|Subtotal and Data|Filter don't play nice with each other.

=subtotal() will ignore the rows hidden by the autofilter.

On Oct 29, 11:44 am, Seebu wrote:
I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I forgot to mention to fix the values first !!

Pete

On Oct 29, 11:44 am, Seebu wrote:
I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

--