-   -   SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163903-subtotals-show-hide-details-button-missing.html)

Seebu

SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING

I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

Pete_UK

SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING

Please don't SHOUT.

You can apply a filter to the column which contains the words Subtotal
and Grand Total, and on the filter pull-down select Custom | Contains
| Total to see just the total rows, or Custom | Contains | Grand to
see just the Grand total row - same effect as the 1, 2, 3 choices.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 29, 11:44 am, Seebu wrote:
I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

Dave Peterson

SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING

In xl2003, you can toggle those outlining symbols:
Tools|Options|View Tab|check or uncheck Outline Symbols.

If you're using xl2007, I bet it's somewhere under the Office Button.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING

But Data|Subtotal and Data|Filter don't play nice with each other.

=subtotal() will ignore the rows hidden by the autofilter.

On Oct 29, 11:44 am, Seebu wrote:
I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

--

Dave Peterson

Pete_UK

SUBTOTAL'S SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS BUTTON MISSING

I forgot to mention to fix the values first !!

Pete

On Oct 29, 11:44 am, Seebu wrote:
I AM GETTING SUBTOTALS WITHOUT THE SHOW AND HIDE DEAILS WHEN I MAKE SUBTOTAL
IN AN EXCEL WORKSHEET EXPORTED FROM AN ERP. I AM GETTING THE SUBTOTALS
WITHOUT THE 123 (+) SHOW AND (-)HIDE SIGNS ON LEFT HAND SIDE.
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP TO FIND A SOLUTION TO HAVE SHOW AND HIDE DETAILS
BUTTON ALONG WITH THE SUBTOTAL.

THANKS
SEEBU

--