Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save Excel without formula drawing from external data

How to save the Excel file with the value only? The excel file is setup with
formula drawing from external data. Once data is drawn, need to save the copy
& distribute it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On a copy of your original workbook.

Select all sheets by right-click on a sheet tab and "select all sheets".

CTRL + a(twice in 2003) to select all cells on all sheets.

Copy then in place.........Paste SpecialValuesOKEsc.

Right-click and "ungroup sheets"

Save as a new name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:51:01 -0700, skysusan
wrote:

How to save the Excel file with the value only? The excel file is setup with
formula drawing from external data. Once data is drawn, need to save the copy
& distribute it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply.

However, by copying values, it will lose all the color and format from the
original worksheet. I would like to save it as another Excel file, with the
format, color, data value, without the formula that import the data from
external source.

Is there a feature like that?

skysusan

wrote:

How to save the Excel file with the value only? The excel file is setup with
formula drawing from external data. Once data is drawn, need to save the copy
& distribute it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you try it?

I don't lose formatting when I paste in place.

If you do, you could copy again and paste specialformats.

Gord

wrote:

How to save the Excel file with the value only? The excel file is setup with
formula drawing from external data. Once data is drawn, need to save the copy
& distribute it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, I can copy format and copy values into another Excel worksheet.

Just hoping a "SAVE AS" feature will do a similar job.

Thanks a lot.
skysusan

wrote:

How to save the Excel file with the value only? The excel file is setup with
formula drawing from external data. Once data is drawn, need to save the copy
& distribute it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

write the following macro
Sub FormulasToValues()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.EnableEvents = False

WCount = Worksheets.Count
For i = 1 To WCount
If Worksheets(WCount - i + 1).Visible Then
Worksheets(WCount - i + 1).Select
RCount = ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Row
CCount = ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Column
For J = 1 To RCount
For k = 1 To CCount
Worksheets(WCount - i + 1).Cells(J, k) = Worksheets(WCount - i +
1).Cells(J, k).Value
Next k
Next J
End If