Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Les Les is offline

Default Index & Match from Other Sheets?

Hi,

This is a followup question to my previous one which was answered by Stefi
(thanks, Stefi!) on using the INDEX and MATCH command. I'd like to know it
if's possible to use the command to compare a calculated number (C13) against
data located on different sheets and how could that be done?

So, for example, if C13 (on Sheet 1) is calculated as 12.22, this number
would be checked against the data on Sheets 2, 3, and 4. If C13 doesn't
match any of the listed items, the idea is to settle for the closest but
higher number in A1 and return the corresponding info in B1 from all 3 sheets
to Sheet 1. So it would look something like this:

SHEET #1
12.22
d2
c12