Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If Statement for Pricing

I have 2 tabs. The first tab "Interview" has a series of questions that must
be answered. The second tab "Price Tool" has pricing on different items.
Depending on how the questions are answered in the "Interview" tab, I want to
calculate a price in the "Price Tool" tab.

For instance, If "interview" cell B3 = YES, and if "interview" cell B8 =
New, then take the price from "Price Tool" cell B6 and multiply it by
"interview" cell b9 and place the answer in the "Price Tool" tab.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't say what to put in the cell if these conditions are not met. But
assuming you just want to put 0 (zero) you would put something like this in
the cell on the "Price Tool" tab.

=IF(AND(Interview!B3="YES",Interview!B8="New"),Int erview!B9*'Price Tool'!B6,0)

Will

"Karen Smith" wrote:

I have 2 tabs. The first tab "Interview" has a series of questions that must
be answered. The second tab "Price Tool" has pricing on different items.
Depending on how the questions are answered in the "Interview" tab, I want to
calculate a price in the "Price Tool" tab.

For instance, If "interview" cell B3 = YES, and if "interview" cell B8 =
New, then take the price from "Price Tool" cell B6 and multiply it by
"interview" cell b9 and place the answer in the "Price Tool" tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(Interview!B3="Yes",Interview!B8="New"),'Pr ice Tool'!
B6*Interview!B9,"")

On Oct 26, 4:42 pm, Karen Smith
wrote:
I have 2 tabs. The first tab "Interview" has a series of questions that must
be answered. The second tab "Price Tool" has pricing on different items.
Depending on how the questions are answered in the "Interview" tab, I want to
calculate a price in the "Price Tool" tab.

For instance, If "interview" cell B3 = YES, and if "interview" cell B8 =
New, then take the price from "Price Tool" cell B6 and multiply it by
"interview" cell b9 and place the answer in the "Price Tool" tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JINX!

:-)

"Karen Smith" wrote:
I have 2 tabs. The first tab "Interview" has a series of questions that must
be answered. The second tab "Price Tool" has pricing on different items.
Depending on how the questions are answered in the "Interview" tab, I want to
calculate a price in the "Price Tool" tab.

For instance, If "interview" cell B3 = YES, and if "interview" cell B8 =
New, then take the price from "Price Tool" cell B6 and multiply it by
"interview" cell b9 and place the answer in the "Price Tool" tab.- Hide quoted text -

pricing Jo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 16th 06 07:16 PM
Retail pricing to the $x.x9 or $x.x5 [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 July 27th 06 01:57 PM
Pricing for Inventory edrachel Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 15th 06 06:35 PM
Old to New Pricing Jennings Excel Worksheet Functions 6 February 12th 06 10:41 PM
pricing problems trent Excel Worksheet Functions 9 November 9th 05 04:46 PM