Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merging excel address list to mailing labels

I am starting a new business and am SO lost and in a bind. I have made a
mailing list on excel and now it is time to send out important letters to
customers and I need to put that mailing list on individual mailing labels.
I've tried everything...

please help! thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would suggest exporting your Excel sheet into an Access database. Once
once your addresses have been imported, choose reports from the object menu,
click the new button, and choose Label Wizard. The program will walk you
through the rest. I hope this helps.

"SmallBusinessSam" wrote:

I am starting a new business and am SO lost and in a bind. I have made a
mailing list on excel and now it is time to send out important letters to
customers and I need to put that mailing list on individual mailing labels.
I've tried everything...

please help! thanks so much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

... I have made
a mailing list on excel and now it is time to send out important
letters to customers and I need to put that mailing list on individual
mailing labels.

One way is to use MS-Word:
Tools Letters and mailings Mail Merge

This is a wizard with several steps
- Document type: labels
- Label options: choose standard label stock or use "new label"
- Select recipients: use an existing list (your Excel file)
- Arrange labels: use "address block" and click "update all labels"
- Preview labels: verify that you're getting what you want
- Complete the merge: Print

(I have Office 2003. I haven't tried label printing, but I use mail merge
for form letters.)