Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUPS

I AM DOING A VLOOUP AND TRYING TO BRING OVER APPROXIMATELY 50 COLUMNS OF
DATA, HOW TO I DO THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO MANUALLY CHANGE THE COLUMN NUMBER IN
EACH CELL ONCE I COPY THE FORMULA OVER?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the COLUMN function. Let's say the first column you want to return is
the second column in your lookup range, then you'd use COLUMN(B:B) which
returns 2. When copied to the right, the B:B would increment to C:C which
would then return 3.

Something similar to this:

=VLOOKUP(A1,E1:Z10,COLUMN(B:B),FALSE)

HTH,