Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup and IF functions I think?? Need Help!!!!

Below is a sample of the details I want to display

A B
1 CODE1 DISPLAY1
2 CODE2 DISPLAY2
3 CODE3 DISPLAY3

I want to display the corresponding value in column B in E7 (see below), if
one of the three cells E4:E6 displays that code.

4 BLANK CELL
5 CODE2
6 BLANK CELL
7 DISPLAY2

can this be done, and how would it be done??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this in E7

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E5,A1:B3,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(E5, A1:B3,2,FALSE))

if you not bothered about the #NA error if the lookup value isnt found then
the formula can be shortened to

=VLOOKUP(E5,A1:B3,2,FALSE)

Mike