Imran

Default Lookup Functions

Hi,
I was wondering whether some one can help me do this. suppose i have two
columns like this.

apples papaw
orange Grapes
pears Mango
grapes apples
papaw cherry

i need to have a third column which will print out the values in the first
column based on the condition that... if there is a matching value (eg:
apples =apples)on the first column to the second column. if not display some
other value. also if there is a value in the second column which is not in
the 1 st column print out a different value.

i have tried many functions, but i have failed to achieve my objective. can
this be done in Excel? if so please be kind enough to give me detailed
instructions on how i can do this.

thanks
regards
Imran

JulieD

Hi Imran

have a look at chip pearson's website on duplicates - i think you'll find
what you need there
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Cheers
JulieD