Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate Column C in multiple sheets into single sheet.

I have multiple (identical) spreadsheets which are job descriptions for each
employee in our company.

In Column C i have their "Outputs" (the actual work they need to do). This
is a text string.

I want to "Concatenate" all of these "Outputs" (Column C's) in each
spreadsheet into a singular spreadsheet so that i have a central place to go
look (kinda like a logsheet or whatever.

I say it cannot be done without HUGE programming - My boss disagrees. Can
anyone help???

Many thanks,

Wayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you actually want to concatenate the text from the different sheets into
one string, or do you want the data from each sheet in a separate column on
the summary sheet?

If the latter, then in A1 on your summary sheet you could use =Sheet1!C1, or
=IF(Sheet1!C1="","",Sheet1!C1) if you want the cell blank where the relevant
input cell is blank. Then in cell B1 you could put the same formula, but
changing the Sheet1! references to Sheet2!, and so on for your other sheets.
--
David Biddulph

"ant1983" wrote in message
I have multiple (identical) spreadsheets which are job descriptions for
each
employee in our company.

In Column C i have their "Outputs" (the actual work they need to do).
This
is a text string.

I want to "Concatenate" all of these "Outputs" (Column C's) in each
spreadsheet into a singular spreadsheet so that i have a central place to
go
look (kinda like a logsheet or whatever.

I say it cannot be done without HUGE programming - My boss disagrees. Can
anyone help???

Many thanks,

Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry for lack of info...

By spreadsheets i mean literally different files so all these sheets are not
in one workbook.

To answer David;

No i dont want to concatenate the differents cells into one cell.

I want Column C's entire contents in EACH spreadsheet to display underneath
each other into a singular spreadsheet. EG:

NamesOfStaffInHumanResource.xls
A B C
Elize
Wayne
Tanya

NamesOfStaffInIT.xls
A B C
Jack
Pierre
Frank
Clint

Now in the "Master" or individual file i want it to be displayed like this:

Master.xls
A B C
Elize
Wayne
Tanya
Jack
Pierre
Frank
Clint

The order of which is not important. Cheers