Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to apply countif?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to apply countif?
=Countif(Range, Criteria)
There is a table C1:Z100, and there is a list of number under column A1:A100

There is a given number 3 in cell A200, I would like to apply countif
function under the column B in order to find out how many numbers under the
table match the number under column A1:A100 with error range 3, which is
given in cell A200.
The error range means that 1 under column A is match 3 within the table
C1:Z100, because 3-1=2, which is within the error range 3, then I consider 3
is matching the number 1.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

C1:Z100 = rng

Entered in B1 and copied down as needed:

=COUNTIF(rng,"="&A1-A200)-COUNTIF(rng,""&A1+A200)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to apply countif?
=Countif(Range, Criteria)
There is a table C1:Z100, and there is a list of number under column
A1:A100

There is a given number 3 in cell A200, I would like to apply countif
function under the column B in order to find out how many numbers under
the
table match the number under column A1:A100 with error range 3, which is
given in cell A200.
The error range means that 1 under column A is match 3 within the table
C1:Z100, because 3-1=2, which is within the error range 3, then I consider
3
is matching the number 1.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't mind hard coding the error range this is probably as compact a
formula as you can have:

=FREQUENCY(rng,A1+{3,-4})

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Eric" wrote in message
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to apply countif?
=Countif(Range, Criteria)
There is a table C1:Z100, and there is a list of number under column
A1:A100

There is a given number 3 in cell A200, I would like to apply countif
function under the column B in order to find out how many numbers under
the
table match the number under column A1:A100 with error range 3, which is
given in cell A200.
The error range means that 1 under column A is match 3 within the table
C1:Z100, because 3-1=2, which is within the error range 3, then I
consider 3
is matching the number 1.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Entered in B1 and copied down as needed:
=COUNTIF(rng,"="&A1-A200)-COUNTIF(rng,""&A1+A200)

Better make that reference to A200 absolute: