Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JPH JPH is offline

Default Count Occurance of Text/Word in a Range

I have data that I have summarized where I need to count the occurance of
particular words (i.e. No Answer, Unconfirmed, Wrong Number). Is there a way
in a pivot table to do this? My results would look like this:

Cell A1 Cell B1
No Answer 345
Unconfirmed 128
Wrong Nunber 876

Becasue I am trying to summarize occurances of text, not numbers, I'm not
having any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Joanthan

--
JP Hosler
Fairfield - NJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What's the problem you are having? Assume that the words are in A and they
have a header, select the range, do datapivot table etc, then makes sure
the range is correct, click next and select layout and drag the header to
the row and the data field, that's it

Peo Sjoblom