Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Looking up a named range and returning value into a cell

Hi
I have a problem with this. I have designed a named range which is
basically the following:-

Employee Basic O/Time
Empl 1 6.03 9.05
Empl 2 7.10 10.65
Empl 3 6.03 9.05
Empl 4 6.03 9.05
Empl 5 6.54 9.80
Empl 6 6.76 10.14

First column has employee name and second and third are rates of pay for
basic hours and overtime.

I am importing a csv file from my job costing system and what I want to do
is for every time the employee name appears on the imported csv file, I want
it to look up this named range and return values of basic pay and overtime
pay in two columns. I cant get this to work because on the VLOOKUP its only
returning the value once and there are many instances of the employee name in
the imported csv file. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Maggie

--
Cheers

Maggie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Maggie,

Are you inserting the VLOOKUP against the imported data and using the
employee list as the lookup range? If you are then it should copy the data
from the employee list for every match.

Regards,

OssieMac