Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I arrange tabs vertically in Excel (not horizontally)?

I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried using XL's built in "Sheet List"?

Right click on the small arrows to the left of the tabs.
This brings up a list of maybe 15 sheets, which you can expand to an
infinitely scrolling list of all the sheets in the WB.
--
HTH,

RD

"LinLin" wrote in message
I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view

them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at

the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Ragdyer's response - it's about as good as you're going to get. In
direct response to your question, there's no option to align the sheet tabs
vertically.

Other option involves $$ and hardware solution: buy a wider screen and go to
as high a resolution as you can comfortably work with. Or change the zoom
level for the workbook to something lower than 100% or your current setting -
again how low you go is based on your ability to still read and use the
display.

"LinLin" wrote in message
I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view

them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at

the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about a sheet navigation bar from Debra Dalglesih?

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or Bob Phillips' Browsesheets macro?

See this google search result. All one line for the URL

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c19464f875bd25

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:25:02 -0700, LinLin
wrote:

I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord

Contextures worked a treat!
COuldn't get to the browsheets macro at work because of email filters to
blogs etc.

This will definitely change my life!

cheerio

wrote:

I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I arrange tabs vertically and Alphanumerically!

Hi Gord

I asked Contextures to modify the toolbar so that it will sort the tabs as
well (previously the tabs had to be in order already).
Thought you might like to know! It's at the website with the same link below

cheerio
LinLin

wrote:

I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the update.

Debra is so accommodating.

Gord

wrote:

I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's an add-in that adds a vertical pane for the tabs: www.excelnavi.com
Very easy to work with.

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:42 AM Ragdyer wrote:

Have you tried using XL's built in "Sheet List"?

Right click on the small arrows to the left of the tabs.
This brings up a list of maybe 15 sheets, which you can expand to an
infinitely scrolling list of all the sheets in the WB.
--
HTH,

RD

"LinLin" wrote in message
them
the

"Ragdyer" wrote:

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:24 AM Gord Dibben wrote:

How about a sheet navigation bar from Debra Dalglesih?

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or Bob Phillips' Browsesheets macro?

See this google search result. All one line for the URL

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c19464f875bd25

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:25:02 -0700, LinLin
wrote:

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:41 AM slow386 wrote:

What a time saver . . .
Thanks
Steve

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2007 2:17 AM LinLi wrote:

Thanks Ragdyer & JLatham - I learn a new thing about Excel everyday!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:25:02 AM UTC-5, LinLin wrote:
I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

As you said,"The tab name is too long"
Make a TOC on the 1st sheet and just name the sheets 1,2,3 or a,b,c
and use the toc with a double click event (or hyperlink) to the sheet desired.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi all, this is the best looking solution I've found for Google Sheets.

FYI - I have not implemented, so I can't speak to the quality, but it looks promising.

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplac...r/892165028413