Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BW BW is offline

Default How do I freeze panes horizontally and vertically at same time

I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

when you freeze panes the rows above, and the columns left of the selected
cell are frozen. So to freeze columns A-B and rows 1-3 select C4 and then
select window-freeze panes.

"BW" wrote:

I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you place the cursor in cell B2 then Window | Freeze Panes you will
find the top row and column A will be "frozen" as you scroll around the
sheet. Try it with C2 selected - this will fix A and B in place as well
as the top row, i.e. all rows above and all columns to the left of the
cell you select when doing Window | Freeze Panes will be frozen on
screen.

Hope this helps.

Pete

BW wrote:
I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

BW wrote:
I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

This is not work on Excel 2007.
Please help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

BW wrote:
I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

This is not work on Excel 2007.
Please help me.

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
to freeze, cell B2 for example.

3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".

These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
rows and columns at the same time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike is saying:

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

First you have to unfreeze your panes (they have been frozen when you tried
to freeze them), and then you can continue with Mike's step 2 & 3

Thanks Mike, you helped me a lot!

Groeten, Narusha

"Mike Kaufman" wrote:

BW wrote:
I would like to be able to freeze panes, such as headers, horizontally, as
well as freezing panes in a column, such as listing of names.

This is not work on Excel 2007.
Please help me.

1) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Unfreeze Panes".

2) Click on the cell below and to the right of the row and column you want
to freeze, cell B2 for example.

3) Click on the Freeze Panes button and select "Freeze Panes".

These options are toggle switches, and you cannot select Freeze Row and
Freeze Column independently. Selecting one turns off the other. And if you
have freezing set for any cell, you have to turn it off before you can freeze
rows and columns at the same time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default this step is for 2003 not 2007

the options in 2007 are difference from 2003...2003 will allow you to chose a
column of cell...
2007 only gives you 3 options:
1-freeze top column
2-freeze first column
3-unfreeze

does anyone know 2007 freeze frame, additional options for freezing the
second column from the top?
Darlene
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On the View tab, find the Freeze Panes dropdown (in the Windows group). The
first option, Freeze Panes, freezes the rows above the active cell and the
columns to the left of the active cell.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Darlene" wrote in message
the options in 2007 are difference from 2003...2003 will allow you to
chose a
column of cell...
2007 only gives you 3 options:
1-freeze top column
2-freeze first column
3-unfreeze

does anyone know 2007 freeze frame, additional options for freezing the
second column from the top?
Darlene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only the 3 options listed above have any effect. How do you make the Rows
and Columns option work together? Clicking on Freeze Panes only opens up the
three choices and nothing else

"Darlene" wrote in message
the options in 2007 are difference from 2003...2003 will allow you to
chose a
column of cell...
2007 only gives you 3 options:
1-freeze top column
2-freeze first column
3-unfreeze

does anyone know 2007 freeze frame, additional options for freezing the
second column from the top?
Darlene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JJ in LA -

In Excel 2007, on the View ribbon, if the worksheet does not have any frozen
panes, the three Freeze Panes options are Freeze Panes (both rows and
columns), Freeze Top Row, and Freeze First Column.

If the worksheet does have a frozen pane or panes, the three Freeze Panes
options are Unfreeze Panes, Freeze Top Row, and Freeze First Column.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Darlene" wrote in message
the options in 2007 are difference from 2003...2003 will allow you to
chose a
column of cell...
2007 only gives you 3 options:
1-freeze top column
2-freeze first column
3-unfreeze

does anyone know 2007 freeze frame, additional options for freezing the
second column from the top?
Darlene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Sloth" wrote:

when you freeze panes the rows above, and the columns left of the selected
cell are frozen. So to freeze columns A-B and rows 1-3 select C4 and then
select window-freeze panes.

Thanks. I struggled for a half-hour trying to freeze multiple columns and
rows --and I'm a software developer! MS really screwed up on this feature,
IMHO. You should be able to ctrl-click on multiple rows/columns and then
freeze. That would be much more intuitive. A lot of things seemed easier
before "The Ribbon."
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

rrusson wrote:
"Sloth" wrote:

when you freeze panes the rows above, and the columns left of the selected
cell are frozen. So to freeze columns A-B and rows 1-3 select C4 and then
select window-freeze panes.

Thanks. I struggled for a half-hour trying to freeze multiple columns and
rows --and I'm a software developer! MS really screwed up on this feature,
IMHO. You should be able to ctrl-click on multiple rows/columns and then
freeze. That would be much more intuitive. A lot of things seemed easier
before "The Ribbon."

try this, press F1, enter the word FREEZE, press enter, click
appropriate link.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It was no different or more intuitive before "The Ribbon"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP