Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple functions on one cell ?

This one is way beyond me....I have a column with numbers varying from 12 or
30 to 800 or so...what I am trying to due is check the column cells for the
number...if the number is greater than 180 then I need to reduce the number
to an integer that is the 'remainder' of the number divided by 180

Or in figures ....cell number is greater than 180 = 678 / 180 = 3.766

now I need to get rid of the 3 and just enter the value of 180 times .766%
= 138 (rounded off)

The whole number 138 is what I need as the result

Again...this is only if the original cell value is greater than 180...179,
32, etc are to be left alone

Thanks, Tim