Gill.star

Default Metric to imperial measurements

Could someone tell me how to change my default measurements from metric to
imperial in Excel 2003? I can't work in centimetres!
--
Gill

Gill.star

I already looked at Convert. This doesn't actually change the defaults. I
want my margin settings, for instance, to be in inches rather than cm.

Thanks for your reply though.

Gill

"Gill.star" wrote in message
Could someone tell me how to change my default measurements from metric to
imperial in Excel 2003? I can't work in centimetres!
--
Gill

Gord Dibben

Gill

This is a Windows OS setting, not an Excel setting.

You would go to Windows Control PanelRegional and Language
OptionsRegional Options tabCustomize and set the "measurement system" to
Metric.

This option will affect all programs.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Gill.star" wrote in message
Could someone tell me how to change my default measurements from metric to
imperial in Excel 2003? I can't work in centimetres!
--
Gill

Gill.star

Thanks. This only gives me the option of "Metric" or "US" - not sure which is
the lesser of the two evils! I rather hoped that Excel would have a setting
like Word has, where you can change the default just for that program. It
seems it hasn't. Thanks anyway.

Gill

"Gill.star" wrote in message
Could someone tell me how to change my default measurements from metric to
imperial in Excel 2003? I can't work in centimetres!
--
Gill

Gord Dibben

Gill

Sorry, should have read set to "inches".

U.S. settings are inches.

Isn't that what you wanted?

Gord

"Gill.star" wrote in message
Could someone tell me how to change my default measurements from metric to
imperial in Excel 2003? I can't work in centimetres!
--
Gill

Gord Dibben

I'm set for U.S. measurement but I still have the A4 size option in the "Paper
Size" dialog box, along with a dozen or more others.

Gord