Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Debbie,

Assume that Rose, Deborah is in cell A1 then use the following:-

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255))&"."&E1&"@"&"Dick inson-Dees.com"

Regards,

OssieMac

"Debs" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Debbie,

Assume that Rose, Deborah is in cell A1 then in any other cell
insert the following:-

"Debs" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Debs

Assuming the names are in column A with blank columns to the right
Mark column ADataText to columnsDelimitedDelimiterCommaFinish.
You now have lastname in column A and firstname in column B.
Enter in cell C1 @Dickinson-Dees.com

then in D1 enter
=B1&"."&A1&$C$1
Copy down column D as far as required.
Copy column DPaste SpecialValues to "fix" the data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Debs" wrote in message
Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following
format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again Debbie,

My sincerest apologies. Try this:-

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255))&"."&LEFT(A1,FIND "

The above is actually one line but it will not fit in properly.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Debs" wrote:

Hi thanks for the info! It seems to work but does not add in the surname the
results show as:

and need to display as:

Any ideas?

Cheers