-   -   Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/162991-excel-lists-automatically-changing-information.html)

debs

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

OssieMac

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi Debbie,

Assume that Rose, Deborah is in cell A1 then use the following:-

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255))&"."&E1&"@"&"Dick inson-Dees.com"

Regards,

OssieMac

"Debs" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

OssieMac

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi Debbie,

Assume that Rose, Deborah is in cell A1 then in any other cell
insert the following:-

"Debs" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

debs

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi thanks for the info! It seems to work but does not add in the surname the
results show as:

and need to display as:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Debs

"Debs" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

Roger Govier[_3_]

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi Debs

Assuming the names are in column A with blank columns to the right
Mark column ADataText to columnsDelimitedDelimiterCommaFinish.
You now have lastname in column A and firstname in column B.
Enter in cell C1 @Dickinson-Dees.com

then in D1 enter
=B1&"."&A1&$C$1
Copy down column D as far as required.
Copy column DPaste SpecialValues to "fix" the data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Debs" wrote in message
Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following
format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

OssieMac

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Hi again Debbie,

My sincerest apologies. Try this:-

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255))&"."&LEFT(A1,FIND "

The above is actually one line but it will not fit in properly.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Debs" wrote:

Hi

I have a list of names in Excel XP which are formatted as:

Rose, Deborah
Culyer, Susan

What I need to do is get them to automatically change to the following format:

Does anyone know of any formulas that would allow me to do this please?

Regards

Debbie

debs

Excel Lists - Automatically Changing Information

Many thanks everyone - now sorted :-)

Debs