Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ren Ren is offline

Default Date

Hello,

I am doing a little assignment for school.

I have a product name P1- and I have sold it during 2 years: 2005 and 2006.
All of those sales with different months and days.
The name needs to be change- it is renamed P1-Turbo in 2006

How can I do that? Can I use an IF function? If so, how can I input the date
if the data contains different days and months???

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't quite get what you're after.

Where are the dates entered?

Where is PI- entered?

Maybe just editreplace

what: PI-

with: PI-Turbo

replace all.

Post a sample of a half dozen rows of your data layout.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:54:01 -0700, Ren wrote:

Hello,

I am doing a little assignment for school.

I have a product name P1- and I have sold it during 2 years: 2005 and 2006.
All of those sales with different months and days.
The name needs to be change- it is renamed P1-Turbo in 2006

How can I do that? Can I use an IF function? If so, how can I input the date
if the data contains different days and months???

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ren Ren is offline

Hi, thanks for the help. here is a sample.

Customer Name Customer Location Meeting Date Product Name
Ajax New York City 10/14/2005 P1
Champion New York City 1/25/2006 P3
Baker Toronto 8/23/2006 P1
Ajax New York City 4/4/2006 P1
Champion New York City 12/22/2006 P2

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Don't quite get what you're after.

Where are the dates entered?

Where is PI- entered?

Maybe just editreplace

what: PI-

with: PI-Turbo

replace all.

Post a sample of a half dozen rows of your data layout.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:54:01 -0700, Ren wrote:

Hello,

I am doing a little assignment for school.

I have a product name P1- and I have sold it during 2 years: 2005 and 2006.
All of those sales with different months and days.
The name needs to be change- it is renamed P1-Turbo in 2006

How can I do that? Can I use an IF function? If so, how can I input the date
if the data contains different days and months???

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming Meeting Date is column C and Product Name is column D

In E2 enter this formula then copy down the column.

=IF(OR(D2="",C2=""),"",D2 &"-Turbo "&TEXT(C2,"yyyy"))

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Don't quite get what you're after.

Where are the dates entered?

Where is PI- entered?

Maybe just editreplace

what: PI-

with: PI-Turbo

replace all.

Post a sample of a half dozen rows of your data layout.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:54:01 -0700, Ren wrote:

Hello,

I am doing a little assignment for school.

I have a product name P1- and I have sold it during 2 years: 2005 and 2006.
All of those sales with different months and days.
The name needs to be change- it is renamed P1-Turbo in 2006

How can I do that? Can I use an IF function? If so, how can I input the date
if the data contains different days and months???

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Ren,

I'm assuming that you want to replace PI (or is it P1, you've used both) in
column D with PI-Turbo only when the date in column C is in 2006. I'm
assuming that P2, P3 etc. would remain unchanged no matter what year is shown

You can't change column D directly without VBA but you could use this
formula in E1 copied down

=IF(AND(YEAR(C1)=2006,D1="PI"),"PI-Turbo",D1)

You can then replace column D with the amended data in column E. To do that,
select column E, edit copy, Edit Replace values. Delete column D