Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum months into quarters?

I have a P&L by month on a "Monthly" tab. It has the last 3 years or 36
months of data.

I need to create a "Quarterly" tab where I sum the months into quarters.

So my monthly tab has data in column A through AJ.

I need the first Quarterly column to sum columns A:C from the Monthly. Then
I want the second column to sum columns D:F from the Monthly. The problem is
that if I drag the formulas like normal the second Quarterly column will add
B:D from the Monthly since it is looking relative.

Is there a way to tell it how many columns to skip when copying the formulas
over? This could even apply to summing monthly data into annual data.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

You could adjust the formulas manually to compensate. Have you tried
the Consolidation feature? Or "Group and outline" on your columns?

HTH,
JP

On Oct 19, 5:46 pm, Steve wrote:
Is there any special way to do it formula-wise?

"Gary Brown" wrote:
copy the formulas over 3 columns then delete the middle 2 columns.
For example, copy the fomulas in Col A to Col D then delete Col's B and C.