Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Installation Error sku112.cab

Morning all,

I have recently started receiving an error when I open Excel - the MS office
installer runs automatically and then fails because of the missing file
'sku112.cab'. I have Office 2003 installed on my computer (Windows XP), and
it has worked fine for the last two and a bit years - I'm not sure why this
file would suddenly disappear.

If I browse to the Office folder in my Program Files, I can open the file
'EXCEL', and after cancelling the error message several times, it will open.
If I right click on an excel file or open the file 'Microsoft Office Excel
2003' in the start menu, I receive the error and the programme fails to open.

Unfortunately, I have recently moved to Niger to conduct research for my
masters thesis, so do not have the original installation CDs on me, and will
not have them for a number of months. Part of my work is data analysis, and
excel is vital for this - I wondered if there was any solution
(particularly as none of the other Office programmes seem to have any problem
to find it on my hard drive.

I'm not sure if it is in any way linked, but I recently installed openoffice
2.3 so that I could have a document editor with a French interface. Other
than that, I have not made any changes to Office, other than the automatic
office/windows updates that run in the background and to which a pay little
attention.

I would greatly appreciate any help!