Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple formula needed

I have a questionnaire with drop down menu offering the user a YES or NO
response. I was hoping if the user selects YES that i could get excel to
trigger a simple equation like =B9*B8*0.5

probably simple when you know how.

many thanks

shane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i read a post on different subject and just tried =IF(C46YES,"B9*B8*0.5")
to no avail...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If cell A1 holds the YES/NO, then:
=IF(A1="YES",B8*B9*0.5,"")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Same answer as yesterday.

=IF(A1'"YES", B9*B8*0.5,"Not yes")

To see several responses you received yesterday do a search.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:16:00 -0700, shane
wrote:

I have a questionnaire with drop down menu offering the user a YES or NO
response. I was hoping if the user selects YES that i could get excel to
trigger a simple equation like =B9*B8*0.5

probably simple when you know how.

many thanks

shane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've just got it working thanks!! i've just realised that i'd like to express
the answer in kg..

Gord apologies for repeat posting, i tried searching and couldn't find it.
first time on this forum.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No problem.

I see you're using the CDO Interface so I have no idea how to direct you on
search methods and how to find your past postings.

Gord