Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default adding zeros to numbers in columns

I have two columns...one has one and/or two digits numbers ( 88, 90, 7,
9...etc) and the second column has 1-2 or 3 digits (137, 8 ,56, 101...etc}

I need to change any number in column 1 to all 2 digit numbers( 88, 90, 07,
09...etc) and all numbers in column 2 to three digit numbers(137, 008 ,056,
101...etc)

Is there one function that I can use for both columns or that can be
modified for either 2 digit or 3 digit conversions ?

Thanks, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tim,

Format each column using Custom. Format the 2 digit column as 00, and the 3
digit column as 000.

Rob