Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I convert Excel file into an Outlook file

I am trying to import an excel file into Outlook. When I go through the
import function it is putting each column into one contact but not all of
that contacts information. So, I will have a list of contacts with just the
company name. Is there something else I have to do to the Excel file before
importing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've never tried doing it (i.e. I'm guessing !! <bg), but you might
like to try saving the Excel file as a .csv file, and then import that
into Outlook.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 16, 11:36 pm, Coverton
wrote:
I am trying to import an excel file into Outlook. When I go through the
import function it is putting each column into one contact but not all of
that contacts information. So, I will have a list of contacts with just the
company name. Is there something else I have to do to the Excel file before
importing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have separate columns for each field and a Title for each column
you must "Map" the fields into Outlook by dragging the fields from the Excel
file to the appropriate fields in Outlook

You will be given this option after you have gone through the steps and get to
the point where you select to Import to Contacts.

See button "Map Custom Fields"

Drag headers to Outlook Contacts fields.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:36:02 -0700, Coverton
wrote:

I am trying to import an excel file into Outlook. When I go through the
import function it is putting each column into one contact but not all of
that contacts information. So, I will have a list of contacts with just the
company name. Is there something else I have to do to the Excel file before
importing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel file is one of the file type options Pete and works fine as long as each
field is in its own column with a title.

I do it quite often to import new distribution lists to Contacts.

Gord