Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing Print Area

Is there a way to totally remove the print area from a worksheet?

I have a financial spreadsheet that people download from the internet and I
want to simplify the printing process by "tagging" selected worksheets to
print and others not to print.

Note: I wish for this to happen automatically...i.e. - without the user
having to input page numbers in the print dialog or "Ctrl + selecting
worksheets".

Can anyone help?

dwadholm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks...but I am only formula saavy not tech/programming saavy. Where do I
place the code you provided/

dwadholm

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub printsheets()
Sheets("sheet1").Range("a2:c5").Printout 'Preview
Sheets("sheet2").Range("a4:d15").Printout 'Preview
'etc

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"dwadholm" wrote in message
Is there a way to totally remove the print area from a worksheet?

I have a financial spreadsheet that people download from the internet and
want to simplify the printing process by "tagging" selected worksheets to
print and others not to print.

Note: I wish for this to happen automatically...i.e. - without the user
having to input page numbers in the print dialog or "Ctrl + selecting
worksheets".

Can anyone help?

dwadholm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think Don meant to say this macro would be pasted into a general module, not
Thisworkbook module.

A great site for learning where to enter different types of code can be found at
Ron de Bruin's pages.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:23:18 -0500, "Don Guillett"
wrote:

One way. Alt f11copy/paste into the ThisWorkbook modulemodify to suitSAVE
the workbook. To execute assign to a button/shape or just use alt f8this
workbookrun
If you're new to macros, you may want to read David Ritchie's intro
at:

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub printsheets()
Sheets("sheet1").Range("a2:c5").Printout 'Preview
Sheets("sheet2").Range("a4:d15").Printout 'Preview
'etc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,
Didn't want to confuse him if he didn't have or know how to create a general
module. Tested in the ThisWorkbook OK.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub printsheets()
Sheets("sheet1").Range("a2:c5").Printout 'Preview
Sheets("sheet2").Range("a4:d15").Printout 'Preview
'etc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Don.

Gord